We have created a dedicated page for parents and carers of children who are due to start school in Primary One in August 2021. Please visit regularly for updates.
Please get in touch if you have any questions: email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you in due course and hope you find this page helpful.
Miss Kathryn Collier
Depute Headteacher (Nursery, P1 and P2)
RE: Primary 1 Registration for August 2021
- If your child’s date of birth is between 1 March 2016 and 29 February 2017 they are due to start primary school in August 2021.
- If you are in the City of Edinburgh Council area you must register your child for P1 at one of your catchment schools.
- Parents/Carers should have received their P1 Enrolment letter from Edinburgh Council telling them which schools are their catchment schools, based on the address we have on our systems for you. The letter will inform you what your catchment ND (non-denominational) school is and your catchment RC (Roman Catholic) school
Process for registration
- From Monday 9th November 2020 parents must enrol their child to their catchment school. This is being done online this year: Click here to register from 9th November.
- You can upload photos/scans of the during this process
- birth certificate,
- council tax form (or 2 proofs of address if they are not eligible to pay council tax) and
- baptismal certificate for RC schools
Edinburgh Council Information
There is useful information on the Edinburgh Council website regarding entry into Primary 1 for August 2021. Please find information here:
Virtual Tours of P1 classrooms
P1D Classroom Virtual Tour: https://vimeo.com/454133189
P1J Classroom Virtual Tour: https://vimeo.com/454358039
P1R Classroom Virtual Tour: https://vimeo.com/454135924
Information about Primary 1 at Towerbank: