Now online – Class Newsletters August 2014
Dear Parents and Carers,
The Parent Council and PSA have organised a school picnic for Friday 22nd August 2014 at Rosefield Park to welcome everyone back to school. There will be games and the Parent Council would like to treat all school and nursery children to a free ice cream or lolly but please bring your own picnic blanket and lunch.
See the attached flyer for details – Towerbank Parent Council Summer Picnic 22.08.14
We look forward to seeing you there.
All the best
Towerbank Parent Council
Dear Parents and Carers
We are really pleased to share with you how well our first few days back to school have gone. The children are looking so smart and have settled in well bringing to school lots of smiles, positivity and enthusiasm. The Primary One pupils have had a great start and have clearly been well prepared for this important milestone. They are showing us all how ready they are for a busy year ahead.
We have been informed that school lunches will continue to be soup, sandwiches, fruit and yoghurt for the duration of next week. This is due, as mentioned before, to ongoing maintenance work at Portobello High School. We will keep you updated.
I would like to take this opportunity on behalf of all the staff here at Towerbank to thank you all for your help and ongoing support. We really appreciate the partnership we have with our parents and carers and look forward to working closely with you over the coming session.
I hope you have had a relaxing summer and enjoyed the lovely weather. We are looking forward to welcoming all the boys and girls back to school on Wednesday 13th August 2014. We have a few bits of information that we would like to share with you in advance of their return to school.
1. School Lunches – Our school meals come from Portobello High School. Due to essential maintenance works at the High School they will be unable to provide the full hot meal service this week. The lunch on Wednesday and Thursday will comprise of soup, sandwich, homebaking and fruit. We will keep you informed if there is any further disruption to school meals beyond this time.
Please send lunch monies for the week on a Monday, clearly marked with your child’s name, class and days lunch will be taken. Daily cost of lunch – £1.80.
2. Towerbank School Times – P2 – P7
P2 9.00 – 3.10
P3 – P7 8.50 – 3.20
Please note P1 have been provided with their times separately.
3. Playground Lining Up Procedures – Please see link below. There will be staff available to guide you in the playground on the first morning.
4. P3B – Mrs Hambelton will not be in school on Wednesday morning to welcome her class. She will back in school later in the day. Mrs Brown will take the class for the first couple of hours.
5. P1 – As discussed at the transition meetings the Primary One school bags are available to buy at the school office for £4.00. We would urge all Primary One parents to buy a bag for their child to use as they are a perfect size for what they need to bring and are easily stored in class.
In addition to this update, we will be sending this information out by ParentMail. If you have not registered with ParentMail, please contact the school office.
Mrs J Gilmour
Please note, letters will be issued today, Tuesday 24th June 2014, with information about the arrangements for collection of medicines held in school. We would be grateful if you would action this as soon as possible.
Mrs J Gilmour
Please see information about an additional in service day planned for next session. Additional day – Thursday 18th September 2014. For your information here are the complete list of in service days for session 2014/2015.
August 2014 Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th
September 2014 Thursday 18th (additional in service day)
October 2014 Monday 20th
January 2015 Monday 5th
May 2015 Thursday 7th
Now online -
P1 Information Booklet
School Meals Menu April 2014 – October 2014